Smart Smoothies
Lacewell's T.R.E.P. - T(utoring) R(esearching) & E(vent) P(lanning)
RSS

Recent Posts

Disconnection
3of3 from 1998
2of3 from 1998
1of3 that I wrote in 1998, before my accident.
Smart Smoothies

Categories

Any
Articles
Rates
powered by

My Blog

Smart Smoothies

I was in a disabling motorcycle accident. The doctors said that I would never walk, or think for myself ever again...
Marcus Lacewell’s yellow Smart Car catches the eye as you drive past Lacewell’s Smart Smoothies on Market St. and Kerr Ave.  His camper is set up six days a week.
Marcus is a numbers guy, the “smart kid” who spent time tutoring others and pursued an engineering education at NC State.  Then tragedy struck-
But eventually, Marcus began again, enrolling at Cape Fear Community College.  “I wanted to see where my head was at." He finished CFCC with strong grades, and enrolled again at NCSU.
Marcus is a fit person, very smart and well-educated.  Marcus knows that he no longer looks like a typical tutor.  “I can see it from your side,” he says. “I can still tutor, but I know that someone on the outside looking at me, might not expect that from me.  I’m also an athletic recruiter, but I know I don’t look like I could be.”  It’s this hard reality that helped Marcus come up with the idea of something he could do.  The small space of the smoothie trailer is easier for him to navigate.  And, he can haul the trailer and set up the whole operation by himself.
Marcus’ smoothies aren’t typical either.  He learned a lot about nutrition during his recovery and now, he sells smoothies that are delicious and good for you.  Along with strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, banana and other fruits, Marcus offers smoothies made from spinach, broccoli and kale, and uses honey, not sugar.
There is nothing easy about Marcus’ daily routine.  It takes him 45 minutes to set up each day and another 45 minutes to strike the trailer each day before he heads home.  But Marcus has already far exceeded the expectations of his doctors, working hard to achieve every milestone.  “I know I have to work harder, and if I’m not where I want to be yet, it’s because I haven’t put in all the work,” he says. His unshakable attitude seems to propel him forward, despite every obstacle in his way.

18 Comments to Smart Smoothies:

Comments RSS
Custom essay on Friday, November 04, 2016 12:00 AM
This article is very nice as well as very informative. I have known very important things over here. I want to thank you for this informative read. I really appreciate sharing this great.

Mikael on Monday, May 28, 2018 3:46 AM
Nice post

bestessays com au on Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:21 AM
Fruit smoothies are one of my favorite drinks. It is not only tasty, But it is jam packed with vitamins. This is a very interesting blog because it's about the story of smoothies making the impossible possible. The story about this guy being in an accident and the doctors saying that he won't be able to walk again, but miraculously he did walk again. He really did put all the effort to walk again and the smoothie only played a partial role in aiding him.

Steve John on Monday, July 09, 2018 6:42 AM
In this post, you have shared the great story about your life. I am really very thankful to you. I like to read such these type of stories. Keep it up! Get quality playground tiles and mats here

quickbooks support number on Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:58 AM
Hey friends if you want best online tech support and services for free online then must try my link.

lin on Friday, July 13, 2018 4:38 AM
nice

Click Here on Friday, July 20, 2018 2:51 AM
Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic. I actually like what you've acquired here.

rushmyessays.org on Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:42 AM
It was sad to know that you have been through a bad time and on the other side it was also good to know that you have recovered so soon. You should be really careful once you are being such situation.

nancy on Monday, November 26, 2018 3:22 AM
Nice

snip on Thursday, December 06, 2018 3:09 AM
Nice

quickfiction.org on Monday, January 14, 2019 8:02 AM
I would love to share more information if you want to tell us about your next agenda, we are working on different platforms these days and our main agenda is to provide assistance through my blog right now which is pretty unique and interesting way, are you familiar with different platforms offering the same kind of services these days, we would be pleased to share you this information.

globalschoolchannel on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:05 PM
We like your smart smoothies, I mean it is hilarious and fantastic as well. I am keenly happy to guide you if you need as well. This information shared over here is quite remarkable.

starsofworld.com on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:00 AM
The perfect & awesome article indeed, thank you for sharing "Smart Smoothies" blog post with us. I am pleased to share it with mates.

aimejournal.org on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:29 AM
Story of Marcus Lacewell has brought tears in my eyes. It is so overwhelming and inspiring to see that how he bravely tackling this situation.

sandgatewriters on Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:07 PM
What a smart and effective way of writing articles online, the technique is simple and can help you a lot, I hope you would be amazed to read my stuff.

mens work jacket< on Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:42 PM
This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…

vintage clothing stores near me on Monday, August 26, 2019 7:15 AM
Thank you for this awesome picture and rewinding my memory back in 1998, I remember the next year when the matrix movie came and it was the blockbuster action movie, alas, the time has passed by me quickly.

crcinstitute.com on Friday, October 11, 2019 7:12 AM
Well, this seems to be a perfect place to read and learn tricks as early as possible, what is the biggest advantage of this awesome product, would you please tell me right now?