Which 'Messenger' Would You Trust?
Lacewell's T.R.E.P. - T(utoring) R(esearching) & E(vent) P(lanning)
RSS

Recent Posts

Disconnection
3of3 from 1998
2of3 from 1998
1of3 that I wrote in 1998, before my accident.
Smart Smoothies

Categories

Any
Articles
Rates
powered by

My Blog

Which 'Messenger' Would You Trust?

Which 'Messenger' Would You Trust?
Marcus Lacewell

Exodus 20:7
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exodus 3: 13-14
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

Seeing these two scriptures together displays a 'main vein' in the Christian belief.  Have we been misusing this commandment for all these years?  'God' is not a name.  Is the word 'God' bound by a meaning?  Either way, our answer will affect our views on other words and other religions.
The 'main vein,' of Christianity, holds the wonder, of most people.  We have a few words and phrases in our vocabulary that have more than one meaning.  Some meanings, of words, are SEEN as sinful.  While others meanings, of the same words, are not.  So, does meaning constitute a sin or not?  From my understanding, based on conversations with Islamic believers, Islamic believers feel that it does.  Christian believers seem uncommitted to either way.
Besides, Exodus 20 tells of some laws. But, we are no longer bound by laws.
Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Pay attention to the word 'by.'  Let's put it another way.  If one of your 'good' friends told you, 'It's illegal to go on that property.'  Then, one day, you saw a policeman on the property, so you asked him if it was illegal.  He says, ' It's not illegal, but it's not viewed as 'good'.'  Whom would you trust; your friend or the policeman?  Unlearn.

12 Comments to Which 'Messenger' Would You Trust?:

Comments RSS
yalae on Sunday, June 01, 2014 5:23 PM
There are some attention-grabbing closing dates in this article however I don't know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity however I will take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish more! Added to FeedBurner as nicely
Reply to comment

https://www.topaperwritingservices.com/ on Friday, January 04, 2019 6:56 AM
That's why in a topic like this, we need the Holy Spirit to guide and speak to us so that the message of the Lord will be clear to us. In the new testament, the word "God" is used to emphasize the Father in heaven, that is why Jesus is called the son of God. The God's name is used many times in the new testament. I am blessed that I've read your blog about God. God bless you

anonymous on Monday, August 13, 2018 3:01 AM
good
Reply to comment

write my essay reviews on Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:17 AM
The algorithm was my favorite subject in my studies and I wrote so much content for these as well on different blogs.
Reply to comment

Diving in Cabo on Monday, September 24, 2018 12:49 PM
good luck with your first blog alicia. i am sure you are going to do great because you are really talented and hard working. keep posting
Reply to comment

pmp training dallas on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 5:37 AM
i hope you get to find it. as i can tell how close to your heart it truly is. i know how it feels to lose something like that. good luck to you for it
Reply to comment

testttttttttt on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 7:04 AM
test
Reply to comment

livecareer com review on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:54 AM
I strongly believe that we shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord our God. It does not simply refer to the misuse of His name but also it is dealing with God and speaking of God in a way that empties Him of his significance. Taking His name in vain is more than just using expressions such as "Oh my God" or "Jesus Christ!" As a lesson, we must not empty God's weight and glory. Thank you for sharing this! Have a nice day.
Reply to comment

clarj on Monday, November 26, 2018 1:44 AM
Nice
Reply to comment

ILLUMINAZIONE OUTLET on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:55 AM
wow! That would be an amazing prize and that too without participating in the comic con event. Do provide more information regrading participation in the event.
Reply to comment

homeworkforme on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:08 PM
Well religious posts always worthable and i want to know more about it gives much inspirational idea's tanks and please share more information on the same.
Reply to comment

http://topcollegewriting.com/ on Sunday, February 03, 2019 6:06 AM
Yeah! This is something pretty exciting for me as to get the best and hottest shoe to wear in the lovely and warm season of autumn and winter.thanks for sharing this..
Reply to comment